Thursday, October 16, 2008

I think I want to be a photographer.......

Title says it all. I know its a long shot, but I have been tortured for some time now over "what I want to be when I grow up". Really the only thing I can ever come up with is" I AM what I want to be...." honestly, all I have dreamed about as a little girl is being a wife and a mom. I know it sounds cookie cutter, but its true. Trouble is, a little extra money right now would more than help. I am constantly pondering what I can do to still be with my boys, and help bring home a little bacon. I have gone to school, but changed my major three times, so I am half way to three different degrees, none of which I want to do anymore. All I want to do is be with my kids. So, it hit me today.... I was out in the yard posing the boys in their matchy fall outfits with fake leaves and pumpkins( this is a scene from my every day life mind you... I love doing it) when I thought, HEY, I could take pictures~ SO long story short, I am asking my parents for a GOOD camera for Christmas, and I have been doing some research on line. I would LOVE for you gals that are Photo experts to give me ideas on where to even start, what cameras are great, how to make a website, etc. if you have any ideas/insights. Again, I have absolutely NO schooling, or background in this, but I honestly DO think I have a nack for it. ( I KNOW you cant tell by the random pics I post on here, but I do have some pretty good stuff that I have taken with MILs Nikon.) anyway, that being said...... sorry for the novel. Im just excited and curious, and looking for tips. Thanks girls!!!! Have a good day!

5 comments:

London said...

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to say good luck! One of my best friends in college was an amature photographer and I was always her model (LOL) it was so much fun! I can't wait to see some of your work!

Steph said...

Good luck, sounds like a fun thing to do! I am not a great photographer, but there are a few May 06 moms that are really good--- Bridget at http://balancingtheballs.blogspot.com/

and Jessica but I don't know her blog address if she has one.

-Bridget said...

Good luck! If you are looking for a really good camera, Costco has a package deal for Christmas right now $1399 for the new Nikon D90. It has everything you need, including two lenses, carrying case, and even some how to books. I have the Nikon D80 which I LOVE, but I'm drooling over that D90!

Fullerton Family said...

I love taking pictures, I would love to get good enough to do it as a p/t job or even just as a hobby! I am super jealous of Bridget's camera, her photos are good! I think it's a Rebel, which is what I want.... and yeah, like steph said, Jessica takes awesome pictures, too. (I think she also has a Rebel???)


(Funny that you posted this- dh and I were just talking about this last night!)

Mama Mia said...

i have no advice b/c i am a horrible picture taker, but i wanted to wish you luck