Thursday, April 23, 2009

Home

My family and I now are the proud owners of a new home. A home where my boys can have their own rooms, a yard to play in, neighbors to play with. A home where I can cook dinner for my family and make memories for a lifetime. Is this not what home really is though? Not concrete and bricks. But more than that. This is our first house and I already feel like it has always been my home. I have had several visitors in the past two weeks and many of them have made a comment to the effect of "it feels homey!". To be honest it took me a whole day of thinking about this to really get what I was feeling but coulndt really express till now. It DOES feel homey here....
Why is this? Because its a grand marvelous house? NO. Because I am an astounding combination of June Cleaver and Martha Stewart? NO.
I feel that "Home" is a state of mind. A feeling. An emotion. I have lived in four places with mark, and mark and the boys before this house and they all felt like home. I think that I am AT home with my life. Home is Love. Home is Happiness. SO, am I a wonderwoman for already having mark and my boys settling and feeling at home in our new house? No. We were at home before we moved here, And we will be at home once we leave. Wherever we go together, there will be home.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That was very sweet, and so true! Congrats on getting settled into your new place.

LauraC said...

Love this post! I know exactly what you mean. Everywhere I have lived with Jon has felt like home. Even the crappy, leany coachhouse where the toilet paper holder kept falling out the window and the place had no AC. While I don't miss that place, I love that it was our first home together!

Mel said...

Congrats on your new home! So glad you have the home state of mind also.