Sunday, December 6, 2009

There were 4 in the bed and the mommy said....

THANK YOU.......

But I have to admit thats NOT what I was *about* to think....
Cole NEVER sleeps in our bed. He hates too. I was so adamant as a newborn for him to learn to sleep on his own, that now it comes back to bite me and he will not be rocked, and cant stand sleeping with anyone beside him. Konnor was the opposite, but he has been doing really good in his own bed for a few months now. SO this week Cole has been sick with teething and stuff and has been giving me fits at night. Last night he KEPT waking up. I am SO used to my full nights sleep that I was just exhausted with getting up and comforting him that in my sleeping stupor I just carried him back to my bed and we both fell right back to sleep. Fast foreward to 6 am. I am hanging OFF the bed with a foot in my rear. I kept trying to scootch back over and kept getting knocked back off the bed...Literally. I sat up in discust, huffing a puffing, Flung my hair out of my face roughly with my hand and though "GOD! I cant even Slee...." then my eyes adjusted and I saw such a beautiful sight. Cole laying on his back, arms above his head with his sweet little paci bouncing in his mouth while he was sleeping, Konnor next to him with his leg thrown over him, and my gorgeous husband on the other side with a bare arm thrown over the both of them. My annoyance was replaced with a warm feeling in my heart and instead I then thought to myself "God, Thank you for these three beautiful people you have given me."
I wiggled my way back under the cover, butt hanging off the bed, and stared at them for the next hour.