Saturday, January 26, 2008

Issues

OK.........Where do I start. I dont know how but the other night we got on the subject of religion with the fam. Oh, wait...I remember, it was because of this movie DH watched...anyway. DH is a VERY political type and gets really into learning about all kind of stuff that just seem way to complex for me to even care about. I am a simple type....I believe in what the Bible says, and my brain wont even grasp anything else. HE ont the other hand is.......I guess you would say.....VERY open minded. He has recently been reading and watching alot of things that are (I guess) trying to "prove wrong" or dispell the bible....again, I dont really get it all and dont really care about any of that stuff. BUT anyway, he just blew me away the other night with how he doesnt really know what to believe and he really does not think there is a Heaven etc, that its just stories we are told, etc.. I WAS IN SHOCK.......now....I know this is a touchy subject. But I am a very Christian girl and I want my children to be raised that way. One of the main reasons I fell in love with Mark was because he was a good Christian, went to church with me etc. He said not to get him wrong, he still wanted to raise our kids right etc, that he just had a hard time believing some things. We had SUCH a long conversaition/arguement...etc, that I cant even go into it all, but I really came out of it at a loss. I mean what the heck am I supposed to do?? I know as his WIFE and as a Christian it is MY responsibility to be an influence to him. He is just a VERY strong willed person and it is hard to really get through to him KWIM. It makes me so sad to think that he might be "led astray" by all the media, etc that is out there. I mean dont get me wrong I am by no means a saint.... I just KNOW what I believe and I dont see how he could question it when I NEVER do. Please do get me wrong, he is an amazing person. One of the kindest, best men I have ever met....I just feel like I need to do something. Sorry to bore you with this, It was just on my mind...and what else are blogs for!!??

2 comments:

London said...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There's nothing wrong with questioning the things we've been raised to believe. There comes a time in every Christians life that they do this. (At least in my experience). Actually, it's probably a good sign that he takes his faith seriously enough to think about what he does and doesn't believe. God doesn't expect us to have it all figured out. If you're worried about him "losing his faith" all you can do is pray. Chances are, the more he studies the more he will realize that God is the way!

Kaycee said...

Wow. I think i could have written your post. Chris is the same way. Well..he wasn't raised Christian, but i was/am very much so. And he wants to be, but it's hard for him because it's complicated for someone who has never heard about it. Anyway..you doing the right thing and being strong for him.